A Day of Drones and Fun at Base Camp
Drones, Computers, and Fun
Northland Aerospace and The Pathfinder Project are hosting
DRONETECH, the first ever STEM event of its kind at Base Camp,
Saturday, May 20th, and you're invited!
WHO CAN ATTEND
We will have advanced activities for Boy Scouts/Venturers and some
hands-on experiences for Cub Scouts. We also encourage siblings to come
as a general attendee if they are interested in STEM.
DATE: May 20, 2017
- Specific Discipline - $30 (Boy Scouts and Venturers only)
- Adult - $10
- General Attendee - $15 (Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers, and Siblings)
- All fees include a lunch
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
Signing up for a Specific Discipline: Boy Scouts and Venturers will
have the option to choose a specific discipline for the day from some
of the coolest technologies available anywhere - including Drone
Building, Geospatial Imagery Analysis, Drone Piloting - and more ! (SEE
If a Scout signs up for a discipline, that will be an all-day class for
them with in depth hands-on training and mentoring by Subject Matter
Signing up as a General Attendee: All Scouts (Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts,
and Venturers) along with siblings can sign up under "general
attendee." This will give you the opportunity to come and go through
all of our other activities and displays at your leisure and observe
the selected disciplines.
REGISTER NOW WHILE SPACE IS STILL AVAILABLE
STEM DISCIPLINES FOR BOY SCOUTS or VENTURERS
- Drone Building (Limited to 40): Work in a group of 5 to build some
of the most sophisticated drones out there. Trained, experienced guides
will help you along the way.
- Geospatial Imagery Analysis (Limited to 20): Get hands on experience with geospatial imagery software.
- Drone Flight School (Limited to 20): Get a "crash course" on drone
flying. You will work to master flying and complete an obstacle course.
- Composite Materials (Limited to 5): Work with a 3D printer to create some composite printouts during the day
OTHER DISPLAYS AND HANDS ON ACTIVITIES
If are not going to sign up for one of the specific STEM
disciplines, please sign up and attend as a general registration. With
this sign up, you will be able to come try out some of our other hands
on activities and demonstrations as you please.
And, get prepared for incredible surprises you won't want to miss! Learn more in the coming weeks.