- Friday, March 31st - Sunday, April 2nd
- Rum River Scout Camp (Thurston Lodge)
- $50 for Wildnerness First Aid component
- $10 additional for CPR component
- Registration deadline is Friday, March 24th 11:59PM.
- This course is limited to 30 participants.
- The course is open to any registered adult leader in Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, or Venturing in Northern Star Council.
- Youth members at least 14 years of age may also participate.
- In the event that this course fills, registration priority will be given to adults/youth in units from Three Rivers with high adventure trips scheduled between May 2017 and April 2018.
In order to participate in the Wilderness First Aid Course, participants need to have a current Red Cross Adult CPR/AED certification or equivalent (certified within the past two years). If someone does not have this, has an expired card, or has a card that is about to expire, we will be offering an Adult CPR/AED course on Friday evening. Participants taking the CPR component need to check in Friday evening. Everyone else should check in Saturday morning.
Participants will receive an American Red Cross Wilderness First Aid certificate and anyone participating in the Friday evening session will receive an American Red Cross Adult CPR certificate.
This certification is REQUIRED for any unit participating in a BSA High Adventure program which includes any trip to Philmont, Florida Sea Base, Northern Tier Canoe Base, and Summit Bechtel Reserve as well as any unit run high adventure program. At least two persons in each crew are required to have a current Adult CPR/AED and Wilderness First Aid certification. Certifications must accompany the tour permit for the tour permit to be granted.